Sunday, March 11, 2007

Wedding Bells


This weekend was a particularly special one since our girls came home to attend the wedding of a dear friend of our family. She's a wonderful young woman, and although I don't know her new husband very well, I feel sure that he's a fine young man--otherwise I know she wouldn't have chosen him to be her husband! I'm so pleased for them both and for their families. A wedding is such a special time but particularly when both the bride and groom are Christians and seem quite right for each other. In addition to the feeling of happiness I felt for the bridal couple, I also experienced feelings of nostalgia as I listened to them while they exchanged their vows--and remembered a similar time in my own life over 32 years ago. I know their marriage will be a happy one as long as they keep God at the center of their life together. I wish them well.

5 comments:

Meredith said...

It was good to see you mama!!!

Rachel said...

Thanks for updating.Your last post only got us thru December!

Anonymous said...

Good to see you, too, Mere. Try to be a bit more encouraging, Rach. Love you both.

Rachel said...

Don't be a whiner. Nobody likes a whiner. I was encouraging. I said thanks!

Paul said...

I think you are doing a great job despite Rachel's criticism.